We are currently seeking a diligent, strategic thinker to undertake the role of Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser within our Accord, Policy and Learning (APL) team. We require an individual who is confident in managing monitoring and reporting systems with a high attention to detail. You should be able to rise to new challenges with initiative, enthusiasm and with the ability to work well in a team.
At the programme level, to provide technical support to Programme teams and their partners, and APL team, in the development and implementation of their monitoring, evaluation and learning plans and systems.
At the organisational level, to support the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation in developing Conciliation Resources’ systems, skills and approach to design, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting, and to embed these in organisational practice.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge of a range of planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting concepts, tools and approaches.
- Some knowledge of one or more of the conflicts in which Conciliation Resources works.
- Some knowledge of organisational practices such as partnership working, value for money and organisational learning would be an advantage.
- Fluent English (essential).
- Experience of providing on-going support for processes of planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Experience of applying and adapting different measurement and evaluation frameworks and techniques, such as the logical framework approach and theories of change.
- Experience of group facilitation and training support on monitoring, evaluation and learning issues.
- Experience of working with databases, handling diverse sources of information and maintaining accessible filing systems.
- Experience of revising and contributing to the drafting of substantive reports for external audiences.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience of working across an organisation to influence others.
- Experience of handling a complex and varied workload where the need to re-prioritise is not unusual.
- Ability to collect, manage and analyse quantitative and qualitative data in a manner that is sensitive to conflict affected contexts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Confidence in managing and maintaining monitoring and reporting systems with an eye to accuracy and detail.
- Strong commitment to and experience of team working.
- Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, cross cultural working and political sensitivity. Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Computer literate including good working knowledge of Office software packages.
- Other languages desirable (in particular Spanish, French, or Russian).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.