Full-time (37.5 hours)
12 month fixed term contract
Salary: £ 20,582.25 plus 9% employer pension contribution
Closing date: 9.00am UK time 9 September 2019
Interviews: 12 September 2019
We are seeking an Office Assistant to facilitate the smooth running of our office’s front of house and administrative functions. This role is integral to the day to day functioning of the office and interacts with members of staff at all levels.
This role does not require an extensive amount of experience but some essential criteria are being friendly and approachable, quick to learn with a no job too small attitude. In return you will be a member of the Core and Operations team which prides itself on promoting an encouraging learning environment. All members of staff at Conciliation Resources have access to internal learning opportunities as well as the training which will be provided for this particular post’s duties.
The role itself would be an ideal opportunity for someone interested in developing a career within the operational functions of charities.
Knowledge and experience – desirable but not mandatory
- Knowledge of basic telephone systems and reception set-ups
- Some knowledge of basic administrative processes
- Experience of dealing with telephone and email enquiries, and information requests.
- Experience working in a front of house or customer service or an office environment
- Experience of providing administrative support
- Experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets
- Experience of using Mac computers
- Strong front of house or customer service skills.
- Good general knowledge of IT and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with confidence and ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise competing demands, in a methodical and systematic manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to handle diverse sources of information in a confidential, sensitive manner with due care, respect and discretion.
- Ability to work autonomously on own initiative as well as in a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to juggle the more interesting with more routine tasks, ensuring that both are achieved to the appropriate standard and within agreed/required deadlines.
- Awareness of cross-cultural and political sensitivities and capacity to listen actively to people from varying backgrounds.
- Interest in working for an organisation that wants to make a difference and commitment to the mission and values of Conciliation Resources.