Full-time: 37.5 hours
Duration: fixed term contract to 31 March 2020
Location: Tufnell Park, north London
Salary: £25,553.49 gross per annum plus 9% employer pension contribution
Closing date: 9am UK time Thursday 19 September
Interview date: week commencing 30 September
We are seeking a hard-working and diligent Programme Assistant to assist the South East Asia and Pacific Programme in the smooth running of its administrative and logistical needs. It is essential that applicants for this role are able to hit the ground running.
The Programme Assistant provides administrative and logistical support necessary for the implementation of the South East Asia and Pacific programme. The post holder will provide support to the team’s liaison with partners, contribute to financial and narrative reporting and arrange programme travel and events. Reporting to the Programme Officer, the Programme Assistant will be based in London.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in an administrative and support position to a team.
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes.
- Experience of financial administration including processing finance reports, receipts or invoices.
- Experience of supporting the organisation of events, including providing logistical support to participants from overseas.
- Experience of working with databases, handling diverse sources of information and maintaining filing systems.
- Experience of liaising with external partners and service providers.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to summarise and convey information accurately and concisely.
- Willingness to work irregular hours occasionally and to undertake occasional international travel.
- Commitment to, and experience of, team and cross-organisational working.
- Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, and cross-cultural and political sensitivity.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Good computer and IT skills, including experience working with Microsoft Office software packages, databases, email and the internet.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.