- Duration: 4 months fixed term contract from March 2021 until June 2021 (possibility for extension if funding is available)
- Full time: 37.5 hours
- Salary: £30,226.13 gross per annum plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Location: London, with occasional international travel
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time, 11 February 2021
- Interviews: Week commencing 22 February 2021
We are seeking a Programme Officer to join the South Asia Programme at our mid-sized peacebuilding organisation. The successful candidate should have strong organisational and administration experience to support the team and the wider organisation. It is essential that the candidate has knowledge of and interest in the South Asia Context, along with the willingness to travel to the South Asia region. The candidate should have experience in undertaking supervised research work and will be able to demonstrate a problem-solving attitude when faced with a challenge.
The Programme Officer provides project, administrative and logistical support necessary for the implementation of the South Asia programme. The post holder will play a key role in liaising with partners across the areas in which we work, and in managing programme events and information. They will support consultants and volunteers working with the team. Reporting to the Project Manager the Programme Officer will be based in London and will undertake occasional travel to the region.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in an administrative and support position to a team.
- Strong organisational skills including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining administrative systems.
- Understanding of and interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes.
- Knowledge of and interest in the South Asia context.
- Experience of working with databases, handling diverse sources of information and maintaining accessible filing systems.
- Experience of supporting monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects.
- Experience of revising and contributing to the drafting of substantive reports.
- Experience of undertaking supervised research work.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience supporting financial management including experience preparing budgets, monitoring organisational and partner expenditure and supporting financial reporting.
- Experience remotely supporting partners on the successful joint delivery of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work irregular hours occasionally and to undertake some international travel.
- Strong commitment to, and experience of, team and cross-organisational working.
- Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, and cross-cultural and political sensitivity.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Graduate study or local equivalent or equivalent by experience in conflict resolution, international relations, development studies, international humanitarian law, peace and security.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the South Asia region and experience of hostile environment training or willingness to undertake hostile environment training.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages, databases, email, internet.
- Spoken or written Hindi or Urdu.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.