ConnectEd is one of the largest providers of counselling and therapy services to schools in London. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and inspiring leader to join our team and oversee the next phase of our ambitious growth.
We are looking for an experienced mental health professional, or social worker, who is passionate about promoting, establishing and delivering counselling and therapy services on-site in schools. In this unique role the successful candidate will:
- Spearhead the expansion of our counselling and therapy services to more schools across London and the South East.
- Be the senior member of staff with overall responsibility for the effective management and delivery of high quality, professional counselling/therapy services operating on-site in schools.
- Lead on Safeguarding and Child Protection across the organisation, ensuring policies and procedures are effectively developed and implemented and all safeguarding cases are monitored and dealt with appropriately.
In this role you will receive an excellent package including an 11% employer pension contribution, access to an employee assistance scheme and 30 days annual leave. The successful applicant will have:
- A qualification in counselling, therapy or social work and full membership/ accreditation with an appropriate professional body (e.g. BACP/UKCP/BAPT/HCPC).
- At least five year’s post qualifying experience of working as a mental health professional/social worker.
- A proven track record of driving forward organisational growth or evidence of having the relevant skills/knowledge to achieve this.
- Experience of working with or in schools, or similar experience which demonstrates a clear understanding of how to effectively engage with schools and school staff.
- Experience of team/performance management and the ability to inspire staff to work to the highest professional standards.
- Expert knowledge of safeguarding guidance/legislation and experience of developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing safeguarding policies and procedures.
Salary: £50,083 (five days per week).
We will also consider applicants who would like to work 4.5 days per week (salary £45,075).
CLOSING DATE: Monday 2nd December at 9am
INTERVIEW DATE: Monday 9th December 2019
ConnectEd is the delivery arm for the mental health services provided by the Catholic Children’s Society, a registered charity that supports disadvantaged children and families. Currently we deliver counselling and therapy on-site in over 80 schools (both Catholic and non-Catholic). We are an inclusive employer and there is no requirement for applicants to be Catholic.
CCS is committed to safe recruitment and the post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Charity No. 210920
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.