Our advisers are responsible for deliver information and advice to older people, their families and carers, in the London Borough of Southwark. Subject matters for information and advice will include welfare benefits, housing options and community care. This role is part of the Information and Advice team within our Ageing Well Southwark partnership.
Age UK Lewisham and Southwark aims to empower and enable older people to lead fulfilled lives by:
- Providing services and support that address poverty and isolation
- Protecting the human rights of local older people
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Connecting older people with their communities
- Working positively with partners across all sectors
Our work is shaped by our values:
- We recognise older people as individuals with diverse talents and needs.
- We are fair and equal as a service provider, employer and partner.
- We are opposed to ageism in all forms.
- We are collaborative in our approach to work.
- We are a dynamic, credible, trusted and sustainable organisation