The Programme Development Officer position advertised is a key role in our organisation and provides a rewarding opportunity for someone looking to take on a new challenge.
Cord is an international charity working with people in highly sensitive and oppressive contexts to transform dysfunctional relationships into those that create peaceful and inclusive societies. Our vision, inspired by the Christian faith, is of a world where all people live in the fullness of peace, have the freedom to flourish and live free from fear. We work towards this through employing and working with people of all faiths and none.
Cord is at an exciting crossroads in its organisational history as it has recently launched a new strategy, Promoting the Power of Peaceful Relationships, building on what it has learnt from its recent programme work and adapting to the new challenges and opportunities that are present in the world today.
Cord is looking for someone to support our institutional fundraising and programmes with excellent writing skills, who is passionate about seeing positive change in our world and can bring strong project cycle management skills, including programme design, quality assurance and implementation, and learning and accountability.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following skills/experience:
- Higher degree and advanced understanding of human rights, peacebuilding or international development;
- At least two years’ experience in a comparable role for an international organisation;
- Demonstrated track record of securing funding through writing high quality fundraising proposals and reports;
- Awareness of project cycle management and programme delivery in challenging contexts;
- Experience in writing complex and detailed institutional funding proposals and reports tailored to the language of donors for example the European Union, FCO, NORAD, GIZ and the U.S Bureau for Democracy, Rights and Labor
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent writer with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills, with the ability to form convincing conclusions and arguments
If you have a commitment to Cord’s values and ethos, and the drive to help communities live in a more peaceful and inclusive way, then we would like to hear from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.