Cord is an international charity working with people in highly sensitive and oppressive contexts to transform dysfunctional relationships into those that create peaceful and inclusive societies. Our vision is of a world where all people live in the fullness of peace, have the freedom to flourish and live free from fear.
Cord’s strategy, Promoting the Power of Peaceful Relationships, builds on what it has learnt from its recent programme work, adapting to the new challenges and opportunities that are present in the world today.
Cord is looking for someone to boost our institutional fundraising capacity over the next 12 months. You will be joining a small but committed team of people who are passionate about seeing deep-rooted and lasting change.
Working with recently developed country strategies, your role will be to accelerate the process of identifying suitable donors and to adapt project concepts to be well targeted to donor priorities. It is envisaged that this role will lead on or support the submission of ten well targeted bids within the initial 12 month contract term.
This role would suit someone who has substantial experience engaging donors around project concepts and coordinating, leading and writing successful bids of $1m of above.
The ideal candidate will need to have:
- Substantial knowledge of relevant donor priorities and strategies
- Understanding of how to write engaging and convincing proposals
- Substantial experience of bid development and of securing funding
- Extensive experience of forging new relationships with donors and partners
Prior understanding of Cord’s operating contexts, programmatic themes and priority donors would be a distinct advantage:
- Programme themes: social cohesion, freedom of religion/belief, prevention of gender based/sexual violence, land rights, support for civil society &/or human rights defenders
- Operating contexts: South East Asia (Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam) and Africa (Burundi, Uganda, Ethiopia)
- Priority donors: SDC, DRL, FCDO, Dutch MFA, EU, USAID, GIZ
This role is home based with team meet-ups in Coventry.
Full details about the role are in the recruitment pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.