Position: Fundraising and Research Officer
Hours: 20-24 hours per week
Salary: £17,000 - £18,500 per annum pro rata
Holiday entitlement: 20 days per annum pro rata plus Bank Holidays
The Fundraising and Research Officer is a new part-time role for the Corn Exchange Trust. The position reports to the Fundraising and Philanthropy Manager and will be part of a small Development team, contributing to the team’s overall income targets. This post will focus on data, research and Trusts and Foundation and it is essential that the post holder has some experience of fundraising. The successful candidate is likely to be excited by the opportunity to join a thriving organisation and see this as an opportunity for personal professional growth.
The successful candidate is likely to:
· Be pro-active and energetic, focused on quality
· Consider problems as a challenge; developing creative and practical solutions
· Enjoy working to deadlines in a busy and changing environment
· Be enthusiastic to learn
· Be charismatic and personable
· Experience of working in a fundraising role (not necessarily from an arts organisation)
· Track record of successful data management
· Strong, proven analytical skills
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
· Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Experience of using Spektrix or similar fundraising database
· Experience of prospect research
· Experience of writing funding applications to Trusts and Foundations
· An understanding of data protection and GDPR regulations
· A demonstrable interest in the arts
If you wish to apply for the post, please refer to our website for further information and application pack.
It is important that your application explains why you are the best candidate for this role. This includes telling us how you fulfil the job description and what experience you’ll bring, with particular reference to fundraising. We are looking for someone who is committed to fundraising and building on the successes we have had to date.
Applications will close on Monday 10 February at midday. If you are shortlisted for this role, we will contact you within three working days of the deadline, to arrange an interview. Interviews will take place on Thursday 27 February 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.