Accountant (Part Time)
Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change (CN4C) is a charity and a social enterprise which aims to transform the quality of life for people, places and communities.
We’ve been around since 2001 and are focused on affecting change that will make lives better, make Cornwall fairer and combat inequality and injustice.
We’re now looking for an Accountant to join us on a part time basis, working two days a week.
- Salary of £28,000 - £32,000 pro rata
- Support an organisation that is empowering the people of Cornwall
- Welcoming and engaging environment
This is an amazing opportunity to support the success of a bold initiative that is transforming the quality of life for people, places and communities throughout Cornwall.
You will have the chance to increase your leadership skills and play a key part in the financial health of our charity, which will enable us to continue to combat injustice and bring about positive change.
So, if you are looking for an engaging part time role, love the thought of making Cornwall even better and can bring some great finance skills to the table, this is the role for you.
As an Accountant, you will provide comprehensive financial support to CN4C, from invoice posting through to financial reporting and formulation of claims.
Working closely with the CEO and Management Team, you will:
- Supervise and develop a Finance Officer and Finance Assistant
- Help to produce budgets and management accounts
- Be responsible for cashbooks, petty cash and bank reconciliations
- Liaise with funders and lead the claim process
- Ensure that all financial information is accurate
- Monitor cashflow, liaising closely with the CEO
To join us as our Accountant you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience of administering financial systems
- Experience of UK and European funding regimes and requirements
- Knowledge of the financial reporting requirements of charitable organisations
- To be a qualified accountant
- The ability to produce full company accounts and supporting schedules
Knowledge of SORP (FRS102) for charities would be beneficial.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Senior Finance Officer or Accounts Supervisor.
This is a part time role, working 15 hours per week over two days.
Webrecruit and CN4C are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you could thrive as our Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.