This is an exciting new role and the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day to day communications of the charity and work closely with the rest of the team to promote activities and raise the profile of the organisation. They will play a crucial part in raising the awareness of the charity internally and externally and developing the brand of the newly merged charity. The charity merged just over a year ago and these is still much to be done to promote and expand the new entity and promoting the retained COSMIC brand. This is a real time of growth and development and this role will help plan and implement the communications, merchandise and materials necessary to build our profile, communicate to donors and stakeholders and help tell the next chapter in the charities story.
You will have experience of working in a charity, developing a communications strategy covering all media and visual merchandise and have the ability to work alone or as part of a team. Most importantly you will come with lots of ideas and drive to help us develop and grow our bigger charity. COSMIC does all its communications in house so it’s a real opportunity for the right candidate to lead and develop all activity and stamp their mark on our charity.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position holder’s responsibilities will include:
Fundraising and Merchandising
- Work with the team to develop a communications plan to support our calendar of events – taking the lead on the implementation.
- To develop and create a new range of fundraising merchandise and marketing materials to promote the COSMIC brand.
- Produce and take responsibility for the production and distribution of the charities supporter newsletter, corporate newsletter and emails and any other relevant direct marketing.
- To develop COSMIC supporter booklets/leaflets and posters for different stakeholder groups and for internal communications to staff and families on our units.
- To support the Fundraising team to develop high quality materials for proposals, events, and activities and help us promote our events and activities.
Social media, website and external communications
- Responsible for the creation of high quality content for our social media platform, the scheduling in and the responding to comments.
- Working with the team Manage Mailchimp and mailmerge communications to supporters and schedule in a calendar of updates.
- To develop, edit and promote videos for use on our social media platforms.
- Liaise with our celebrity partners around any media campaigns we undertake.
- To be responsible for developing a bank of photographs, and the obtaining and recording of media consent forms.
- Support the fundraising teams with identifying and sourcing free advertising places, for events – such as community group emails, online websites etc.
- To lead on the project management of a new website (currently under way) liaising with an external agency and the cosmic team, to ensure that we have a website that fulfils our needs, and that we work in partnership with our supporter to do this.
- To create and develop a donor board for our parent accommodation
- To liaise with our supporters, our network, the NHS, Imperial Trust to build and develop a bank of compelling patient, families stories and unit and staff stories.
- To be a visible member of the COSMIC team on the wards, building relationships to help develop case studies, improve communications and identify opportunities for communication.
- To keep updated the charity notice boards with up to date promotional material.
- To provide monthly reports on social media engagement, website activity and media profile to SMT.
- To input into the quarterly Trustee report.
- To work with SMT to develop an online shop facility on our new website.
- To develop a direct marketing campaign to support the increase of donations
- Monitor our brand, and look at its development and promotion presenting recommendations to the SMT team and trustees.
- To develop a strategy to achieve COSMIC’s ambition of becoming seen as the charity for babies and children in intensive care.
- To help at events where hours will be out of office working hours. The charity operates a time in lieu policy.
- To undertake any other tasks and duties which may be required from time to time.
COSMIC is a small team so working collaboratively and being a team player are essential skills. Our roles are a mixture of being very hands-on in order to get things done and working strategically to ensure that we meet our long-term objectives. The successful candidate will be an experienced and innovative communications executive with the ability to inspire and motivate fundraisers and develop new opportunities and initiatives. Highly organized, with an eye for detail they will help us raise the profile of the charity.
CV plus personal statement outlining why you are suitable for the role and why you would like to work at COSMIC