We are looking for a Special Events and Corporate Partnerships Manager to join our busy and friendly small charity in our next growth phase post-merger. This is an exciting and pivotal new role within the team and this person will be responsible for project managing a number of income generating events and key corporate partners and ensuring that income targets are met. Flexible working hours will be considered as will some home working.
We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic, creative, highly organised with outstanding project management skills. This role will suit a competent and proficient individual with solid special events delivery experience and experience of corporate partnerships or a strong donor care background. You will be used to working across a variety of projects, able to prioritise your workload effectively, whilst building successful working relationships with internal stakeholders, and external committees.
Partnership Management and Acquisition:
- Develop robust cultivation and stewardship plans for all the charities corporate partnerships, ensuring engagement and support from across COSMIC, our units and the NHS, and other key stakeholders to help deliver and grow our partnerships.
- Manage the relationship with corporate partners, developing strong relationships and liaising with individuals at all levels.
- Monitor, coordinate and report regularly on the specific projects funded by our key corporate partnerships.
- Produce and organise delivery of regular corporate updates, emails and newsletters.
- Take overall responsibility for all operational aspects of the partnership, including the quality of materials and correspondence received by the partner, any day-to-day issues, the development, production and placement of fundraising materials and accurate recording and reporting of income
- Work with the SMT & Communications Executive to develop and implement effective PR & marketing strategies for both internal and external communication for partnerships.
- Regularly identify and create volunteering, engagement and fundraising opportunities for corporate partners working with relevant hospital teams where necessary.
- Take overall responsibility for co-ordinating corporate volunteering activities.
- Work with the SMT team to develop a robust pipeline of new business corporate prospects and COTY calendar that ensure the financial targets are met and exceeded.
- Secure partnerships which deliver the best ROI across a diverse range of partners.
- Working with the Communications lead to develop and maintain a suite of high-quality materials to be used in proposals, applications and presentations to help engage and develop corporate prospects.
- Continually monitor and evaluate each partnership to ensure objectives are being met in line with partners’ expectations.
Special Events Management:
- Work in partnership with relevant teams and committees to deliver special events and fundraising initiatives ensuring all elements are successfully delivered with the maximum income raised.
- Lead on the project management of the charities’ events, including but not limited to sourcing prizes, material production, budget management, working with external suppliers, coordination of event invites, monitoring rsvp’s, guest correspondence and attendance.
- Work with the Fundraising Assistant and SMT to ensure income and donor details are recorded and processed accurately on the database.
- Work with the Communications Executive and external designers as appropriate to develop standout event invites that grow our audience and attendance
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination of events on the day, including running briefings, managing running orders, volunteer co-ordinations and equipment delivery and set up, artist and committee member liaison.
- Take responsibility for the recruitment of supporters, including working with the SMT to engage major donors for special events to deliver engagement and income generation targets.
- Prepare in conjunction with SMT & comms excellent presentations to individuals and companies, including sponsorship proposals and correspondence to promote and support our events.
- To build and develop our relationships with key partners who help and support the delivery of events.
- Develop support and stewardship plans for donors across your portfolio of events, to encourage donor retention year on year.
- Work with the SMT to design a varied programme of high-quality new engaging events and activities to cultivate new major supporters and steward existing major individuals, trusts and corporates.
- To set and evaluate key performance indicators for individual events and produce event evaluation reports with recommendations to shape future delivery.
- To develop and implement appropriate management/planning tools to effectively plan and deliver events in a consistent way.
- Manage the risk and mitigation controls of events to ensure we meet our legal charity responsibility.
Finance and Administration
- To maintain accurate records of all donations received by COSMIC including cheques, cash, internet donations, credit and debit cards etc.
- Pass all invoices or requests for expenditure to the CD/BK. As necessary source 3 quotes for any requested purchases.
- With the BK send out requests for payment to COSMIC supporters and follow up payments as required.
- Maintain accurate records of all Gift Aid donations.
- Along with the rest of the charity team answer incoming telephone calls and emails and assist enquirers effectively.
- Working with the team maintain an up to date database of all COSMIC contacts and supporters and take the lead if changes need to be made to ensure the charity is effectively recording and analysing data in order to make the best use.
- Working with the team ensure all donors receive confirmation of receipt of donations and are thanked appropriately and ensure letters are signed by appropriate COSMIC representative.
- To build relationships across COSMIC, our units, the NHS and key stakeholders to identify opportunities.
- To keep abreast of fundraising sector trends and how they can be applied to our work.
- To undertake any other tasks commensurate with the role. The charity operates a time in lieu policy.
- Support the PICU/NICU with any day to day needs they may have such as celebrating birthdays, helping to organise activities or materials or assist with family needs should they arise.
- To undertake any other tasks and duties which may be required from time to time
COSMIC is a small team so working collaboratively and being a team player are essential skills. Our roles are a mixture of being very hands-on in order to get things done and working strategically to ensure that we meet our long-term objectives. The successful candidate will be an experienced and innovative community and/or events and/or corporate fundraiser with the ability to inspire and motivate fundraisers and develop new opportunities and initiatives. Highly organized, with an eye for detail they will help us grow fundraising and effective systems to support our donors.
Please send in CV's and a personal statement outlining why you wish to work for COSMIC and why you think you are suitable for the role.