Chief Executive Officer
Cotswold Friends helps and supports older and vulnerable people in the North Cotswolds. We aim to combat loneliness and isolation. Our voluntary services improve health and wellbeing and support independent living. Established over 40 years ago the charity has grown to be an intrinsic part of the communities in which it operates using a network of trained and experienced volunteers under the leadership of the CEO and a small, dedicated team of part-time staff. Our emphasis on the highest quality in everything we do is shown by our accreditation under the Investing in Volunteers scheme.
The charity has been broadly recognised as the leading support agency in the North Cotswolds, during the Coronavirus Pandemic. The dedication of the volunteers alongside the professionalism of the staff quickly mobilised as the pandemic took hold and with our excellent systems and huge flexibility, the most vulnerable in our community were supported.
The efforts of the Charity have most recently been recognised by being awarded the highly prestigious Queens Award for Voluntary Services in 2021.
We are now seeking a new Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation and expand the reach of our services further over the next five years.
We are looking for a candidate:
- To provide leadership to Cotswold Friends, respecting the needs of all stakeholders including clients, volunteers, funders, staff, and the Board,
- To prepare, agree and periodically review with the Board a Strategic Plan designed to provide services in line with the charitable aims of Cotswold Friends,
- To prepare and agree with the Board a Budget for the following financial year,
- To report regularly to the Board on actual performance with respect to the agreed Strategic Plan and Budget,
- To ensure Trustees understand and fulfil their responsibilities to the Charity
- To ensure long-term sustainability of the Charity through effective governance, sound finance and delivery of services in line with set targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Governance and relationship with the Board of Trustees
- Strategic Leadership
- Business Development
- Leadership and co-ordination of Managers
- Operational Framework
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivery in a Board level capacity with charity experience and be able to lead and develop the staff team. Have a good knowledge of community and volunteer service sectors. Have an excellent understanding of finance and charitable funding. Be self-motivated with good organisational and time management skills. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills. They are required to have good IT skills and the ability to use Word and Excel.
Commitment to the aims of the organisation, the quality of everything we do and the sense of community that we create is paramount.
Our Chair of Trustees is available to informally discuss the role with anyone who should contact him in the first instance by email to Geoff Benn (Chair of Trustees)
If this position sounds interesting to you, please attach your CV with an accompanying letter outlining the skills you would bring to our organisation and detailing your relevant experience for the role. You should indicate your current salary and provide two referees who can be contacted prior to appointment to the role
A full job description will be provided upon application.
This is an exciting role for the right person and an opportunity to make a real difference to many people in our community. For more information on the scope of the charity activities, please see our website.
The successful candidate will have to complete an Enhanced DBS check.
Cotswold Friends is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to combating all forms of discrimination.
Contract Type: Salaried full-time, six-month probation with three-month notice period.
Hours per week: Full time (will consider Job Share)
Location: Moreton in Marsh
What level of DBS check? Enhanced