CASE is a global education not-for-profit membership association that advances education to transform lives and society. Advancing education in over 3,600 member institutions, CASE has more than 85,000 individual members in 82 countries.
Headquartered in Washington D.C., CASE works across all continents from its offices in London, Singapore and Mexico City and seeks to achieve a seamless experience for all its communities: particularly its members, volunteers, and staff. Its new strategic plan seeks to make CASE truly global. Working together across time zones and borders, CASE staff in all offices seek to make this ambitious One CASE aspiration a reality.
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education is the global not-for-profit membership based association dedicated to educational advancement—alumni relations, communications, development, marketing, and advancement services—who share the goal of championing education to transform lives and society.
To fulfill their missions and to meet both individual and societal needs, colleges, universities and independent schools rely on-and therefore must foster the good will, active involvement, informed advocacy and enduring support of alumni, donors, prospective students, parents, government officials, community leaders, corporate executives, foundation officers and other external constituencies.
Job Title: Membership Officer
Reports to: Head of Membership and Volunteer Engagement
Salary Band: £23,000 - £26,000
Contract: Permanent contract with a probationary period of three months.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, but occasional extra hours required (to support delivery of programming). The pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs but start and finish times can be flexible in line with CASE’s alternate working arrangement policy. Generally, work will be carried out between the hours of 9.00-17.30.
CASE operates an Alternative Work Arrangements (AWA) policy, this provides flexible option working arrangements that help meet the challenges of balancing work and personal life while contributing actively to the priorities of CASE’s mission and elevating staff collaboration in a global workplace.
Location: The CASE Europe office is on Artillery Lane in Central London. The role will commence as remote and there will be flexible arrangements made when a return to the office is possible. In person conferences are held in the UK and Europe and some overseas travel will be required (when permitted and considered safe for staff and participants).
Please note currently during COVID-19, most CASE employees are working on a fully remote basis. A return to the office plan will be implemented from October.
Pension: Contributory pension available.
Holiday: 20 days per annum, plus statutory holidays and when the office closes between Christmas and New Year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Membership Officer (Europe) provides organisational and administrative support to the CASE membership team in the Europe region, ensuring excellent customer service and delivery of outstanding membership benefits. The Membership Officer is first point of contact to all CASE members in Europe and liaison between several colleagues within CASE’s global team as well as external stakeholders is key to coordinate membership services and engagement across teams and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the administrative processes for all membership applications and renewals in Europe and Africa regions, including grace-chasing, maintenance of accurate membership records in Personify, promotion of new membership products through membership marketing campaigns and financial processes.
• In collaboration with the Membership Manager, coordinate membership onboarding and engagement for members in Europe and Africa regions, including hosting the monthly regional membership benefits webinar.
• Support the Head of Membership and Volunteer Engagement with implementing the member engagement, retention and acquisition strategies – to meet regional KPIs.
• Assist the Membership Manager and Head of Membership and Volunteer Engagement in enhancing CASE membership products, resources and services to the educational advancement community.
• Under the OneCASE structure, collaborate with the global membership team to improve organisational processes to optimise CASE membership services.
• Collaborate with CASE teams to promote membership at regional conferences and as part of other events and content.
• Work with MarComms colleagues to coordinate membership marketing and communications, including providing up to date mailing lists and gathering intelligence (e.g. feedback) form members in the region.
• Provide reports on membership figures for Europe and Africa regions.
• Act as first point of contact for members and provide excellent customer service for all enquiries.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Membership and Volunteer Engagement.
• Support Executive Director with preparation for CASE Council in Europe and CASE Cabinet meetings and stewardship of Council and Cabinet members.
• Update Council and Cabinet communities on the web as necessary.
• Support Executive Director with the stewardship of volunteers in the Europe region, including CASE Laureates.
At CASE we value professional excellence, integrity and respect for our community of volunteers and staff as partners, stakeholders and leaders. We are committed, in all that we do, to be collaborative, inclusive and embracing of diversity. Therefore we are looking for a Membership Officer with the below qualifications, experience and attitude.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
• Educated to degree level.
• Demonstrable administrative experience and proven track record of customer service.
• Ability to understand and work with people of a variety of different cultures.
• Strong organisational skills and detail oriented with concern for accuracy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both internally and with external contacts.
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
• Ability to work accurately with financial and numerical data, including experience of using spreadsheets to maintain and monitor financial information.
• High comfort level with IT systems and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Access), Outlook and Database Management.
• Interest and commitment to the work of CASE.
• Fluency and competency in European languages.
• Ability to build and maintain sustainable relationships with various stakeholders.
• Creative and innovative approach to work
• Ability to take a task from the start to completion working on own initiative.
• Demonstrable interest in education and for the mission of CASE.
• Strong commercial, market-led approach.
• Friendly but robust manner.
• Ability to work as part of a small team and on own initiative.
• A flexible approach to work with ability to work outside of office hours on occasion (e.g. at
conferences over weekends).
• Confident professional personality to manage yourself, others and projects to a high standard of
excellence and respective to the organization’s goals.
CASE Europe is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination based on the grounds of race, religion or political beliefs, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexuality, disability or any other legally protected status. Each member of staff is obliged to adhere to this policy.
All positions at CASE are offered subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and all applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter along with a CV. Application closes on October 22nd, interviews will be held virtually the following weeks.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.