Counsellor (Zero Hours) - Mental Health Charity
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver safe, ethical and effective counselling within Mind BLMK’s counselling service.
Salary: £9.54ph (£18,360pa pro rata)
Zero per week – ongoing and regular in line with client need and agreement. Flexibility required.
Location: Leighton Buzzard, Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedford
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working as a diploma-qualified counsellor, and have recent experience of holding a case load.
- Have an understanding of the range of interventions which promote individual recovery and wellbeing.
- Be able to assess and deal with risk effectively and appropriately.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the use of assessment and outcomes-based counselling.
- Have excellent observation, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong ethics, be trustworthy, impartial and respect clients’ confidentiality.
- Have experience of working with individuals from various different backgrounds.
- Be able to make use of clinical supervision (evidenced by a counselling supervisor’s statement).
- Be able to work within a time limit.
- Have a relevant counselling diploma, recognised by the BACP.
- Be working towards or holding BACP accreditation.
Closedown for applications: 10am on Monday 13 March 2017
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply on Website' button to be directed to our website where you can download the application pack and application form.
Mind is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.