Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and their families?
Do you believe that the child’s voice should be at the heart of the work you do?
Would you like to be part of an inclusive, enabling, honest and effective organisation?
Our vision is of a society that promotes good mental health for all and that values, as equals, people who experience mental health problems.
Come and join our creative, dynamic and motivated team supporting children and young people across Coventry and Warwickshire! We look forward to receiving your application.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind has recently had funding extended, through Warwickshire County Council, to strengthen support services to parents, children and young people pre/post assessment for autism across Coventry and Warwickshire. The autism support service sits alongside the well-established children and young people’s services within Coventry and Warwickshire Mind, CAMHS Rise and Specialist CAMHS.
You will be responsible for the development, promotion and management of the Children’s Community Autism Support Service (CCASS) service. Ensuring good practices regarding high quality interventions enabling children and young people to achieve positive outcomes.
To work with families, children and young people pre/post assessment for autism as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The post holder will be responsible for developing and delivering group work and training, provide direct 1-1 support, guidance and coping strategies to young people and families in the community and home.
You Will Have
- Proven track record of line managing staff (min 2 years).
- Experience of working with a wide range of agencies.
- Experience of working with children and young people with Autism and their families.
- Effective project co-ordination/management experience.
- Experience of supporting in the delivery of mental health support services.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
Access to own vehicle and the ability to travel to venues across Coventry and Warwickshire, and the flexibility to work towards an 8am-8pm service.
Applicants are required to have:
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working with children and young people with autism and their families.
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in a mental health setting.
- Excellent team working skills and ability to work well as part of a diverse and dispersed team.
- Up to date knowledge of mental health, specifically in relation to the difficulties that may present in children and young people with or awaiting assessment for autism.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- An ability to travel to venues across Coventry and Warwickshire.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.