- To raise funds to support the Cathedral’s business, operations and projects across all areas, with a focus on project fundraising
- To develop and deliver an effective fundraising plan for the Cathedral.
- To work with colleagues on campaigns, bids and applications to deliver income from a wide variety of income streams
- To line manage the donor manager, volunteers or contractors as required in the delivery of the fundraising plan.
- Develop and deliver a clear, focused fundraising plan to deliver the strategy already in place.
- Work with the Dean and other members of the Senior Leadership team to ensure this is owned across all Cathedral departments and that all stakeholders understand and deliver their role in it
- To develop coherent messages for fundraising projects which result in income targets being achieved.
- To line manage the donor manager who will be responsible for maintaining relationships with regular donors and managing regular donor income streams.
- To work with the donor manager to increase the regular donor base through promotion and events as appropriate.
- To be an effective representative of the Cathedral with our larger donors and donor organisations in respect of the priority projects being progressed.
- To ensure effective donor management approaches and strategies are in place and are consistently carried out
- To develop our legacy giving programme and manage those signing up
- To ensure the requirements of GDPR are met, good fundraising practice is adhered to and that our CRM records are up to date.
- Develop and consistently deliver effective donor communications using appropriate methods of retaining engagement and providing opportunities for future donations.
- Plan and deliver fundraising events, in conjunction with colleagues as appropriate, including attending events, assisting with guest lists, meeting donors and stakeholders.
- To research opportunities for grants which could be applied for, for both the priority projects but also smaller grants for specific activities as required.
- To work effectively with potential funders to ensure applications are targeted and appropriate
- To make grant bids and / or support relevant colleagues in making these
- To ensure grant criteria (reports, updates, results) are met once grants have been received.
Key Activities and relationships
As Lead Fundraiser you will be responsible to the Chief Operating Officer and part of the Cathedral Operations Team. You will be expected to work closely with colleagues on the Operations Team and support them as well as the Dean and Canons by ensuring fundraising plans and activity support the needs of Cathedral ministries.