Diocesan Housing Surveyor
The Role of Diocesan Housing Surveyor
We are looking for someone who can work alongside the Diocesan Property Manager, and Property Officer, to assist in the management of the Clergy Housing stock comprising of 160 houses across Coventry and Warwickshire.
The main responsibilities of the of Diocesan Housing Surveyor are:
- Inspect Clergy houses and assess repairs and improvements necessary in compliance with Coventry Diocese Clergy Housing Standards.
- Implement the recommendations of the property reports.
- Arrange property inspections and implement the required works with the agreement of the Property Manager.
- Address reactive repairs and ensure works are undertaken and completed in accordance with the Housing Standards.
- Prepare schedules of work and cost budgets, agree these with the Property Manager before tendering to approved contractors.
What we are looking for in a Diocesan Housing Surveyor:
- Driving Licence with access to own car
- Previous experience of managing small works contracts
- Working knowledge of residential building defects and their resolution
- Proven awareness of health and safety with regard to building management and works contracts.
- Being responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of properties whilst remaining within budgetary and time constraints
- Degree Level or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- Evidence for continuing professional development.
- Familiarity using a modern Property Management software package.
This post reports to the Property Manager and is based in the Diocesan Offices in Coventry.
Closing date for applications: 9th January 2024
Interviews will take place at the Diocesan office: 25th January 2024
To see the full job description and details on how to apply for the role, please click on the "apply" button and it will redirect you to our Diocesan Vacancy webpage.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.