The Diocese of Coventry is seeking to appoint a full time Director of New Worshipping Communities to help the Diocese deliver its ambitions for a culture change in making and growing new Disciples, and in developing a more mission focussed approach to the planning and deployment of Resources. This post reports to the Archdeacon Missioner and is based in Coventry.
The main responsibilities are:
- Lead the New Congregations programme with particular responsibility for developing new congregations across the diocese through the establishment of resource hubs, church plants and grafts, and fresh expressions of church.
- Deliver the Programme Communications and Engagement Strategy by assessing the influences, interests and attitudes of the key stakeholders and align the communication and engagement plan accordingly.
- Envision, mobilise and facilitate local churches to actively engage with the Growth Strategy and to develop context sensitive expressions of church, using deanery, area and diocesan and external expertise to enable maximum impact.
The successful applicant will be educated to Degree level or equivalent, have a proven track record in project/programme management, experience of enabling change in organisations, be highly organised and have good IT skills, particularly MS Office.
A demonstrable understanding and commitment to the Mission of the Church of England, being called to proclaim afresh the Christian Faith in each generation is essential. It is therefore an Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9 part 1 of the Equality Act 2010) of this post to have a committed Christian faith.
The Diocese of Coventry is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents all aspects of the communities we are part of and welcomes all applications. Applications are particularly welcome from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented within our workforce.
For an informal discussion, please contact The Ven. Barry Dugmore
To apply for this role, please complete the application form and a covering letter addressing the following questions:
- Please indicate tasks undertaken for the wider Church, e.g. synodical responsibilities at any level, diocesan committees and working parties served on, ecumenical involvement, or work for a Church voluntary organisation, and how you contributed to progressing their agendas.
- What theological traditions have shaped your ministry and with which do you feel most at ease today?
Full job description and Person Specification are available from the Coventry Diocesan Website vacancy page.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October 2020
Interviews will take place at the Diocesan office: Wednesday 11th November 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.