The Diocese of Coventry is seeking to appoint a full time PA to provide effective administration and support for the Archdeacon Pastor’s work. The post is based in Coventry with the having an option to work from home up to three days per week, and from the Diocesan Office for the remainder of the time.
The main responsibilities are:
- Provide excellent administrative support to the Archdeacon Pastor. This will include:
- Provide a pleasant, professional and spiritually uplifting first port of call for the many people who contact the Archdeacons’ office by phone, e-mail or personally
- Answering the telephone, and responding to e-mails on behalf of the Archdeacon when requested.
- Undertaking research and providing relevant information to the Archdeacon in order to assist with queries and prepare for meetings.
- Assisting in the creation and provision of papers as requested by the Archdeacon.
The successful applicant will have prior experience of being a PA to a senior leader within an organisation, have a good standard of education, proven administrative skills, be able to handle complaints calmly and efficiently, be highly organised and have good IT skills, particularly MS Office.
The PA will receive calls from committed Christian leaders (e.g. Churchwardens) seeking advice and help, sometimes in relation to their own struggles of Christian faith and practice in the churches in which they serve. The PA will be involved in the preparation of and participation in Christian worship. It is therefore an Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9 part 1 of the Equality Act 2010) of this post to have a committed Christian faith.
The Diocese of Coventry is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents all aspects of the communities we are part of and welcomes all applications. Applications are particularly welcome from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented within our workforce.
Full job description and application form are available from the Coventry Diocesan Website vacancy page.
Closing date for applications: 16th October 2020
Interviews will take place at the Diocesan office: 3rd November 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.