We are recruiting an Administrative Assistant to help us with the day-to-day running of the organisation, ensuring that systems and processes operate smoothly and that we are able to be responsive to our members and those contacting us. We are seeking someone who feels empathy with our cause and has good people skills to work sensitively with those who have been bereaved by Covid-19.
You will be at the centre of a small staff team working alongside our Directors and volunteers who are all personally bereaved.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
• Accurately organise and maintain files, databases and email lists
• Manage communication including emails, phone calls and social media
• Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, and reservations as needed
• Maintain and order office supplies
• Receive invoices, review for accuracy and maintain financial records as required
• Develop new systems and processes to ensure smooth operations
• Support with projects and campaign actions e.g. by collating information and photos
Administrative Assistant Requirements:
• Strong organisational skills
• Experience of data entry and setting up and maintaining effective administrative systems
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with people in challenging situations in a sensitive, empathetic way
• Comfortable with routinely shifting demands
• High degree of attention to detail
• Personal belief in and support for the aims of Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice
• An understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
About Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice UK:
Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice is the largest organised group of people who have lost loved ones to Covid-19, with almost 5,000 members who are all personally bereaved.
We campaign to ensure lessons are learnt and lives saved through a statutory inquiry into the handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, that additional funding is provided for bereavement support services and that the bereaved are at the heart of memorialisations across the UK as well as campaigning for the National Covid Memorial to be made permanent.
Location: Home-based anywhere in the UK
Contract type: Fixed term for 6 months (possibility for extension subject to funding)
Salary: £21,000 (pro rata, £12,000)
Benefits: 3% employer pension contribution, 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and additional closure days in December
You may have experience of the following: Administrative Assistant, Administrator, Admin Support, Business Support, Charity, Third Sector, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Data Entry etc.