West Faversham Community Centre has become the hub for a wide range of activities and events for the local community in line with the charity’s overall objectives. The association operates 4 venues and aims to grow its portfolio over the coming years. WFCA runs commercial operations to raise funds to sustain its facilities and fund its community projects. The charity has undergone significant growth in the last few years, as part of its strategy to become self-funding to support its 5 areas of work, being:
- Positive opportunities for Young People;
- Increasing Engagement in Sports and Physical Activities;
- Reducing Loneliness in the Elderly Population;
- Community Cohesion and Faversham Pride;
- Provide the Means to Gain Meaningful Employment.
Role and Responsibilities
The role aims to broaden the charities abilities to provide community impact through generation of funds from grants for all of our venues, and then to ensure the work is monitored and understood to allow continuous improvement, and to ensure this work is shared and celebrated.
- Grant application for core costs, project construction, and new projects;
- Maintaining good relationships with funders;
- Develop and deliver impact monitoring for grants and self-funded projects;
- Report on impact to grants funders and internally;
- Manage the charity PR through Press and Social Media, and website update;
- Plan and deliver fundraising and PR events;
- Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the Head of Community Activities and Head of Leisure and Hospitality.
The post holder will be required to be flexible in assisting the CEO and other colleagues with the varied tasks required to deliver the Association’s objectives. The post holder will be expected to be proactive in identifying problems and in recommending solutions and in suggesting improvements and helping to implement these to achieve enhanced service delivery.
Act as a Duty Manager when required or on call Senior Leader when requested.
The post holder will be required to work full-time including some evenings and weekends on a rota basis.