ScreenSkills is the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen industries – film, television (high-end, children’s, unscripted), VFX, animation and games. Our mission is to lead on building skills and talent, finding, developing and sustaining a properly inclusive workforce to support the screen industries across the whole of the country and power growth.
Our Board and Advisory Councils comprise committed senior industry leaders from across the screen sector, representing large and small organisations and businesses across the UK.
This role will include office management , HR responsibilities and operational support. The role will oversee the provisions of office management (70%), provide HR support and compliance (25%) in addition to providing support with Ops/IT (5%).
- Work with the business to review their IT/Operational requirements and processes, seeking feedback to deliver documented service/delivery solutions. Recommend actions to have effective and efficient processes. Have a good understanding of the IT requirements for the company
- Work with Finance to review expenditure against operational costs
- Project manage any new operations and one-off projects i.e. moves, reconfiguration, business continuity planning and testing
- Working with the Finance and Operations Director support new procurement tenders and renewals of existing contracts by analysing performance for each contract ensuring the contracts are effective and financial implications and delivery have been fully understood prior to commencement
- Review supplier and partner relationships including reporting and management, covering a comprehensive key contract/procurement review
- Develop the procurement processes, ensuring all key suppliers are managed and contracted in an efficient and effective manner which adheres with the organisation’s fraud and bribery controls
- Working with the Finance and Operations Director ensure all commercial contracts that are entered into are robust, cost effective, actively managed and suppliers held to account to deliver the performance required
- Working with the Finance and Operations Director review and update the procurement policy and processes at ScreenSkills to continuously improve the procurement processes and commercial arrangements
- Negotiate maintenance agreements in conjunction with the Finance and Operations Director
- Identifying risks and proposing/agreeing actions to mitigate any risks
- Line manage and support the development of the Office Administrator/Receptionist ensuring performance is monitored and reviewed
- Manage the general Health and Safety documentation within the organisation ensuring fire and general risk assessments are completed in a timely manner
- Review, update and ensure the renewal of the organisations insurance policies
- Manage out-sourced operations, support contracts, maintain relationships, monitor outputs and impact whilst ensuring value for the organisation
- Manage and coordinate facilities, services and office functions and procedures
- Office management, inclusive of organization of invoicing, logistics, supplies, cleaning and ad hoc duties
- Ensure all staff have suitable IT equipment and telecoms ensuring the fixed assets register is updated on a regular basis
- Oversee the organisations complaints process
- Act as the GDPR Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance
- Act as the super user for the HR database (Cascade) ensuring the system is updated in line with staff changes
- Completion of all transactional HR administration, including the checking and submission of payroll data, recruitment and benefits administration
- Liaise with the HR Coordinator and HR Manager regarding any relevant staff changes
- Lead on the pension auto-enrolment process on a monthly basis
- Provide timely support on HR related activities
- Support the HR Manager with the management and timely update of HR policies and procedures
- Support the organisation with business change programmes and restructures
- Work with HR Manager and HR Coordinator on key HR projects
- Manage staff leave, sickness absence and TOIL, including management approvals, record keeping and liaising with staff directly. Provide support with all employee relations matters
- Where necessary provide support on the organisations recruitment activities
- The above list of duties is not exhaustive
- Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in their job role and as part of ScreenSkills’ overall strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting ScreenSkills’ positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (eg such as those with disabilities and from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender and black, Asian and minority ethnic communities).
- Promote and develop individual and organisational activities which support and enhance environmental sustainability and health and safety objectives.
- Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high quality service which meets their needs.
- Support yours and your colleagues’ activity through a commitment to effective and correct use of corporate tools and resources, including the Wire (ScreenSkills’ intranet) for internal communications and file management, and authorised systems for contact management.
Some occasional weekend working may be required. Please contact us to discuss or express your preference on your application.
We particularly welcome applicants from groups underrepresented in the screen industries.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing. Your manager will, in discussion with you, review the job description at appraisal. It is ScreenSkills’ intention to work with you to update and incorporate changes to your job description as required. However, if agreement cannot be reached, ScreenSkills reserves the right to impose changes.
ScreenSkills is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering after a career break, women, people who are LGBTQ+, from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, from a less advantaged socio-economic background as well as any other under-represented group.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.