Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently recruiting a Garden Pathways Mentor at our Garden Pathways Service in Dudley.
We are looking for a “green thumbed” individual who will develop and empower the people who use our service to gain valuable basic gardening skills. If you are happiest outdoors in the garden, compassionate, patient and want to make a difference to people’s lives, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you. You will be teaching people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism spectrum conditions and barriers to employment, in a fun environment and with a supportive team around you. Being part of a team will be a big part of your role. However, sometimes you will be working on your own, so adaptability is a must. You will be working on DMBC tenant gardens, so you must have excellent communication skills.
Garden Pathways Mentor Duties:
• Teaching service users basic gardening skills, such as mowing, weeding and hedge trimming
• Support each individual to achieve individualised goals and outcomes which will lead to an accredited qualification and aid future employment opportunities
• Completing computer-based paperwork
Although experience of delivering learning, training or skills development groups or interventions is advantageous, it is not essential. As you will have to complete computer-based paperwork, a good level of computer literacy is required. A full, clean driving license and willingness to drive a work van is essential for this role.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
In return, we offer outstanding training from our Creative Academy where we offer a range of internal and external courses. These are advertised on our monthly Training Calendar to support team members in every role to fulfil their potential. You will be inducted into our fantastic team environment and supported at all times.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.