As a Health and Safety Officer at Creative Support, you will be part of the Health and Safety Team based in our Head Office at Stockport. You will work with many different teams across Creative Support to help services undertake work activities in a safe way. You will provide advice, support services and go out to our services around the UK. You will be expected to work closely with colleagues to support Creative Support’s health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and systems. The main focus of your role will be to:
• Conduct planned health and safety inspections and audits
• Carry out responsive inspections and safety reviews
• Undertake specific risk assessments and devise risk management plans
• Produce written inspection and other reports on a timely basis
• Contribute to health and safety related training
• Provide practical and professional health and safety advice and assistance to staff.
You will need the following qualities and skills:
- You enjoy helping people and solving problems
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have some knowledge of social care or property services.
- You are confident using Microsoft Word, Excel and databases.
- You display a professional and confident approach in dealing with people.
- Good written communication skills
- You will need to flexible and adaptable.
- You're happy with travelling to different locations to do on-site inspections and visits
Whilst this is a generic health and safety role it is expected that the Health & Safety Officer will develop a specific interest and competency in fire safety, for which additional specialist training will be provided. Our ideal candidate will hold IFE membership and possess relevant Fire Safety qualifications, or have significant operational experience of implementing good practice in a pragmatic way.
This role offers the chance to work within a rewarding environment and have the responsibility of supporting and managing the Health and Safety function while making improvements to process, practices and procedures. The salary will be up to £21,000 depending on experience. You will be paid monthly via BACS transfer. This role will require you to spend time away from the office in services during the week and there may be some home working. The general working pattern will be Monday to Friday with very occasional travel on the weekend. The working pattern and hours are flexible due to the nature of the role. This role is also open to candidates who would like to job share.
Other benefits include:
Ongoing fully funded professional training to develop your career.
Friendly, open, flexible work culture,
Mileage allowance or travel and hotel expenses reimbursed,
Company sick pay scheme,
Electronic ICT equipment provided,
Free Life Insurance Scheme,
Weekly management support from the Health and Safety Manager,
Full Corporate Support from an established Not for Profit Provider,
Exclusive online retail discounts scheme,
Free Employee Assistance service,
You must already have the legal right to work in the UK to be eligible for this post.
Please check the attached job description for full details.
About Creative Support:
Creative Support is a dynamic, charitable organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care and support needs across England. We are also a Registered Provider of Social Housing with over 1,000 tenants with support needs in properties that we own or manage. We are regulated by the CQC and HCA and must demonstrate high standards of health and safety compliance. As a large employer of over 5,000 staff we seek to promote high standards of safety awareness and good practice.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.