Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are committed to providing responsive, person centred care which promotes the independence, wellbeing and social inclusion of the people we support.
Due to continued growth we are now recruiting for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our fast paced Payroll team based in our friendly, busy office in the town center of Stockport, 5 minutes walk from the train station. This would be a great opportunity for someone who has a passion or interest in working in Payroll for a not-for-profit organisation and is looking for a long-term role where they can be part of a team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Processing paperwork for starters, leavers and changes.
- Processing payroll each week/month to tight deadlines
- Receiving and verifying timesheets, inputting and calculating gross pay
- Processing of all statutory payments, alongside company payments where applicable
- Inputting all third party and additional payments and deductions
- Recording holidays in line with terms and conditions
- Processing all other pay related data
- Dealing with staff queries
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant changes in payroll legislation
- Updating pension information where required
- Preparing and checking reports
- Filing and administration of all payroll documentation
- Liaising with HMRC on payroll matters
The Experience required - Payroll Officer
The ideal candidate will have a strong background working as a Payroll Officer. Experience working with timesheets would be desirable. You must be comfortable with confidential information and data protection as applicable to payroll and be familiar with HMRC and Auto-Enrolment legislation, and able to process the payroll in accordance with this. You must have excellent IT skills, especially within MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and Payroll and Pension modules. You must be dedicated, hardworking and comfortable working to tight timescales. Please note: A Payroll Test will be part of the shortlisting process for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.