Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Coordinator to join our friendly Birmingham Mental Health and Wellbeing Hubs.
We are seeking a warm, compassionate and proactive Project Coordinator to work across our sites in Northfield and Yardley, Birmingham. This service is for adults with enduring mental health needs, supporting them with recovery and enablement. The Project Coordinator will work to deputise for the Project Manager and Service Manager; sharing joint responsibility for tasks such as devising and delivering vibrant programmes of recovery and wellbeing support for service users. Such programmes will involve one-to-one goal planning, personalised interventions, recovery college sessions, peer support and co-produced social groups. This hub-based service is delivered in the community by a dedicated team of Recovery Navigators and volunteers who you will also support to supervise.
Project Coordinator Duties Include:
• Leading the service so that it is fully integrated with our colleagues at Birmingham Mind and with local IPS/Employment Specialists,
• Ensuring that recovery plans and risk assessments are reviewed in a timely manner,
• Developing and promoting the service’s online provision, website and social media presence,
• Ensuring that individuals are enabled to attain goals relating to their mental health/wellbeing, quality of life and community connections,
• Leading on the recruitment, supervision and embedding of volunteers within the service.
Experience of supervising staff or volunteers and managing/co-ordinating the delivery of support is essential for this role. You must be able to demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care. Creative Support is committed to your continuous professional development and you will have the opportunity to explore your training and development needs.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.