We are seeking a Referral Coordinator to be based in our Mental Health Floating Support Service located in Doncaster.
This is an outcome-focused support service, receiving a high volume of referrals for service users who will need to be fully involved at every stage, in order to meet their outcomes within the timescale available to them. To be successful in this role it is vital to have a valid driving licence and access to a car.
The role will support the manager to provide a highly responsive housing-related support service for people with a range of needs including learning disabilities, mental ill health, a history of drug & alcohol misuse, homelessness, people with an offending history, and people in need of budgeting assistance.
The role includes the following responsibilities;
• Responding to and prioritising referrals
• Triaging referrals
• Undertaking a high volume of assessments and ensuring information from 3rd parties is received
• Attending allocation meetings and presenting referrals for discussion
• Allocating service users to our housing related support workers
• Co-producing outcome focused support plans and risk assessments
• Ensuring that we meet all targets for outputs, timescales and quality
• Establishing a clear throughput for service users in order to meet their outcomes within agreed timescales
• Holding a case load as required to minimise waiting lists and provide direct support to service users
• Promoting the service to potential referrers and creating positive local networks
To support service users to achieve outcomes across key life areas including:
• Independent living skills
• Community links and social inclusion
• Meaningful occupation and pathways to employment
• Social skills and self-management
• Quality of life and aspirations
• Health and well being
• Financial management and economic well being
• Keeping safe
To provide person-centred, outcome-focused practical & emotional support, guidance and sign-posting to maximise service users’ skills and capabilities. To ensure all support is underpinned by the principles of re-ablement.
To undertake activities that give services users the best chance of success in line with the requirements of the service:
• Pre-tenancy support from existing accommodation into the floating support services
• Links with social and private landlords
• Prompt support at the right level for as long as required, fluctuating as necessary
• Access universal services, training, employment and community integration
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.