Creative Support is a non-profit provider of person-centred care and support to older people, and people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, and autism spectrum conditions. We are currently looking to recruit a hardworking, person centred Senior Recovery Support Worker for our new project, Forest Road, Loughborough.
Do you hold experience supporting individuals with a Mental Illness? Are you a caring person with an interest in supporting people to gain a greater quality of life? Are you an organised and self-motivated person with the ability to lead?
Our 7-bedded Step-Through Supported Housing project will offer 24/7 care and support. You will play a key role in assisting with the day-to-day recovery of those living within Forest Road and the day-to-day running of the project.
We require a dynamic, enthusiastic, energetic and confident person to support the Recovery Team Manager to lead the co-ordination and management of a supported living service, taking an holistic approach to supporting people with a Mental Illness.
You will demonstrate a warm, caring and empowering approach. You will have the vision and flair to lead the staff team to provide the highest standard of person-centred support, in response to the individual needs and preferences of service users. The role will involve direct support, staff development, as well as supervision and joint working with families and outside agencies.
You will have skills in positive communication and engagement and will be able to demonstrate unconditional positive regard for the people we support. You will have the maturity to be able to work within a positive behaviour support framework, to accept responsibility and to grow in confidence as a skilled practitioner. You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
• Lead and co-ordinate shifts, ensuring residents are supported accordingly
• You will have the vision and flair to lead the staff team to provide the highest standard of person-centred support.
• Communicate regularly with internal and external professionals
• Delegate appropriate responsibilities across the team
• Support with team development
• Promote and encourage both physical and mental well-being
• Take part in a range of activities during key working sessions with residents whilst helping them to achieve their aspirations
• Hold supervisions
• Ensure house rules are kept and adhered to as well as providing a safe and respectful environment
• You must be able to follow agreed guidelines and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
• Deputise for the Recovery Team Manager
If this Senior Support Worker opprtunity sounds like the role for you then please click ‘Apply’ today! We’d love to hear from you!
This role offers unique and challenging opportunities bringing great job satisfaction to those who are looking to make a positive difference to the lives of others. We provide relevant training including accredited health and social care diplomas through our own training academy. You will be required to work in a flexible manner on a rota which includes evenings, weekends and sleep-ins. In addition to opportunities for personal and career development, we offer good conditions of service and a supportive, hands-on management culture.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.