Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing person-centred support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently recruiting an experienced practitioner for the role of Senior Support Worker at our mental health support service in Liverpool.
We are looking for respectful, warm and experienced individuals to work at our Liverpool service which supports individuals with mental health needs. We provide an empowering model of support which enables people to lead fulfilling and happy lives. As well as providing direct care and support, you will have the opportunity to act as a Key Worker supporting people to achieve their dreams and ambitions.
Senior Support Worker Duties:
• Providing practical and emotional support to service users in line with Personal Support Plans
• Identifying and accessing opportunities with service users to gain independence and confidence
• Supervising staff and managing staff resources efficiently to meet the needs of the service
• Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that maximises outcomes for service users
• Working flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends, sleep-ins, and bank holidays.
A minimum of two years’ experience of providing care and support to people with mental health needs is essential for this role. It is desirable that you have experience of supporting and supervising a staff team. A clean driving licence and access to a car is beneficial.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment that challenges and encourages personal and professional development. Creative Support has obtained Investors in People Silver status and you will receive ongoing training regarding the client group you work with, managerial qualifications, and up-to-date training regarding changes to the law governing social care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.