Senior Support Worker
Are you a kind, patient and caring individual looking to make a positive impact within your career?
Our vibrant service in Yardley Wood provides excellent person centred care and support to individuals with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs living in their own homes. We are looking for a knowledgeable, resourceful and energetic senior support worker to join our team in supporting people with a learning disability and other needs in their own tenancies.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a warm, caring and empowering approach to supporting people within their own homes. You will have the vision and flair to lead the staff team to provide the highest standard of person centred support and empowering support individual needs of service users. The role will involve direct support, staff development and supervision, and joint working with families and outside agencies. You will ensure high quality support is provided to service users with learning disabilities, and to deploy staff effectively in line with contractual requirements.
Senior Support Worker Duties:
- Supervising, managing and mentoring a team of staff
- Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to
- Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users
- Providing outcome-focused support to enable service users to lead fulfilling and valued lives, maintain their tenancies, participate in their local community, develop independent living skills and achieve their personal goals and desired outcomes
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.