We are looking for compassionate, caring and hard-working Support Workers with the drive and determination to support service users with learning disabilities to reach their potential at our supported living service in Cannock, Staffordshire.
Our service users enjoy a range of activities including walking, visiting estates and many more. Some of the individuals also have jobs and attend college independently. The ideal applicant will be comfortable providing excellent personal care to our service users which may include administering medication, help with finances, and assistance with cooking along with other domestic tasks.
Support Worker Duties:
- To respect and promote the rights and entitlements of people with learning disabilities, and to enable them to participate as fully as possible in their communities,
- To provide personal care to service users and assistance with a range of domestic tasks,
- Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of the service which may include evenings and weekends,
- To enable service users to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence and personal effectiveness in areas such as: social skills/relationships, daily living skills and using community resources and facilities,
- Medication administration.
This service has great transport links with multiple bus routes. It is in close proximity to some of our other services in the area.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours on call teams
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.