Creative Support is a national, fast-growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are seeking a Team Leader for our South Manchester Mental Health Community and Supported Accommodation services.
This post is specific for a community service along with supported accommodation sites. The role will operate across 3 sites and will require multi-site leadership. The services operate across South Manchester areas supporting people who live in their own homes or supported tenancies. The role will also involve leadership of 2 supported accommodation sites (Withington and Chorlton) supporting adults in recovery focused move-on services. These sites have on-site senior staff who oversee the day-to-day needs of the service. We ensure all support and risk management is bespoke to each person we work with.
We need someone who has a real interest in the social care sector and is seeking to work in services that have recovery-based approaches. You will be part of the senior team and receive supervision throughout the probationary process to ensure you have the knowledge and skills needed. As well as providing direct care and support, you will have the opportunity to act as a Key Worker supporting people to achieve their dreams and ambitions.
Team Leader duties include:
• To directly lead the community team and be responsible for the line management of team members,
• To operate as a leader across 3 sites and ensure effective running of services with the support of onsite seniors based in accommodation sites.
• To undertake within your duties direct support to service users.
• To undertake assessments of new referrals and ensure robust review processes for those who live in services
• To work closely with other professionals and agencies to provide a coordinated personalised service which meets the identified needs of individuals, promotes their recovery and maintains their quality of life
You must be an excellent communicator with leadership skills and previous experience of working within mental health support settings, along with person-centred values, energy and commitment. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care and be able to contribute to a positive team approach. You will need to be efficient and able to coordinate your time across the service needs. We operate well-established services and offer the support you need to undertake and develop in the role, including the provision of full training.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.