Are you looking for a role that is diverse, stimulating and rewarding every day? We are looking to recruit a vibrant Support Coordinator to join our supported living management team in Rugeley, Staffordshire. The ideal candidate will be a caring and compassionate leader with excellent communication skills and a passion for supporting individuals with learning disabilities.
You will be responsible for the management of our supported living services located in Rugeley, Staffordshire. Our service provides varying levels of care to 14 individuals with a range of support needs which can include learning disabilities. Some of the individuals require personal care, help taking medication and with other day to day tasks. Others are more independent and enjoy going out into the community alone.
You will need at least two years of experience of supporting people with learning disabilities and experience of staff supervision and management. Driving is also an essential requirement for this role as you will be expected to travel between services. This is a temporary position for 12 months with the possibility of extension.
You will be responsible for managing our excellent staff team and supporting our services users. You will ensure that our service users are encouraged to fulfil their passions and enjoy a range of activities within their homes and out in the community. Our service users love shopping, afternoon tea, walking, going to restaurants and much more.
Support Coordinator Duties:
- Leading on the quality of the service and to ensure that it meets our quality standards and that of Care Quality Commission,
- Ensure we meet the needs of the service users we support and fulfil our contractual requirements,
- Provide direct care and support to service users including giving personal care
- Co-ordinate tailored Personal Support Plans for service users,
- Coach, advise and mentor staff in all aspects of service delivery,
- Encourage service users to engage in a range of activities that meet their health, wellbeing and cultural needs,
- Develop warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest,
- Work closely with senior management and other bodies/health and social care professionals
- Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of our services.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.