We are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic Fearless Youth Outreach Worker to join our team. This is a home-based role, with travelling expected on a full-time, fixed-term contract for 12 months and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £22,776.60 per annum.
Crimestoppers is a charity that gives people the power to speak up about crime targeting them, their communities and the most vulnerable people in society. Our reporting line and website give the public the confidence and ability to pass on vital information in total anonymity. Every day approximately 1800 people contact us about crimes including knives, drugs, child exploitation and fraud.
The Fearless Youth Outreach Worker role:
You will facilitate the delivery of crime prevention and education projects whilst delivering the key Fearless messages to young people and those employed to work with young people across Newport and Gwent.
Key responsibilities of our Fearless Youth Outreach Worker:
- Developing an interactive Fearless programme for young people to be delivered in Secondary schools
- Developing and delivering a bespoke workshop programme that raises awareness of crime and crime prevention whilst promoting Fearless and other services available to young people
- Working in partnership with school liaison officers, schools, PRU’s, youth centres and youth charities
- Looking for ongoing opportunities to raise the awareness of the Fearless service direct to young people and the professionals working with them
- Working with the Regional Manager (Wales) and Development Team to secure continued funding opportunities
- Recording and completing monthly reports and evaluations of the programme for internal and external reports
- Organising and developing key working relationships with other agencies and organisations that could support the project
- Sourcing opportunities to engage with young people outside of the school environment
- Creating and building relationships to deliver activities in term time and school holidays
What are we looking for in our Fearless Youth Outreach Worker?
- Significant experience of working with young people
- An understanding of key crime issues experienced by young people
- Training and understanding of Safeguarding
- Experience in developing and delivering workshops
- A confident and organised individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with a variety of different audiences and stakeholders
- The ability to travel to schools throughout the area
- The ability to acquire a DBS certificate
- A basic level of knowledge and understanding of the Welsh language
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in joining a great team and great organisation, then please click ‘apply’ today to find out more about our Fearless Youth Outreach Worker role!
Closing Date: 23rd April 2021
Interviews: 29th and 20th April 2021
Crimestoppers encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply. The successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS check.
Reg. Charity 1108687