Do you have a natural ability to engage with young people, in a variety of youth settings? If so, read on...
We are looking for a dynamic, organised and passionate Senior Fearless Outreach Worker to join our team based in London. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract for 1 year. In return, we are offering a competitive salary of £26,917.80 per annum.
Fearless org is the youth brand of Crimestoppers, offering young people access to non-judgemental information and advice about crime and criminality. The work of Fearless is focused on helping young people make informed decisions about reporting crime. Fearless org provides young people with a safe place to give information about crime - 100% anonymously.
As the Senior Fearless Outreach Worker in London you will:
- Focus on engaging and educating young people to report crime anonymously, without having to go to the police. - Develop an interactive Fearless programme to be delivered in Secondary Schools to raise awareness of crime and crime prevention and to promote Fearless org and other services available to young people.
- Work in Partnership with the Mayor of London's Office for Police and Crime, school liaison officers, schools, PRU’s, youth centres, and charities
- Look for ongoing opportunities to raise awareness of the service directly to young people and the professionals working with them
- Provide professional oversight to support the quality of Fearless materials and sessions including providing peer reviews and professional guidance on youth working and teaching methods
- Work with the Regional Manager and Development team to secure ongoing funding opportunities
- Record and complete monthly reports and evaluations for internal and external reporting
- Possess a creative flair, to help us maximise our use of social networking to expand our reach with young people
To be successful as our Fearless Outreach Worker you will have the below skills and experience:
- Significant experience of working with young people
- Understand the key crime issues experienced by young people and their impact
- Training in and understanding of Safeguarding
- Experience in developing and delivering workshops
- Experience working in youth settings such as Youth Clubs and Schools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with a variety of audiences
- Qualifications in Youth Work, Teaching, a First Aid qualification would also be beneficial
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in joining a great team and great organisation, then please click ‘apply’ today to find out more about our Senior Fearless Outreach Worker role!
Closing Date: Friday 27th November 2020
Crimestoppers encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply. The successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS check.