Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Crisis has been working in Newcastle for over 13 years offering advice, support and access to training and employment opportunities.
About the role
The role is temporary for 12 months to cover maternity leave for the Administration Manager, and you will play a crucial role in the Skylights Management Team, overseeing the core administration functions across the service, including education, progression and reception, Events and Christmas and provide effective and efficient customer service function for Crisis Skylight Newcastle (CSN) services and members. In addition, in a varied and challenging role you will have delegated responsibility of appropriate budgets and overseeing financial processes such as petty cash and processing of invoices in addition to partnership working with the other organisations and activities running within Newcastle Skylight and outreach services
To be successful in this role you must have
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring office administration procedures to support a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of managing a reception where, at times, people may present with challenging demands
- Ability to manage a busy and diverse workload whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of managing a budget and managing financial procedures
- Experience of managing, developing and supporting staff or volunteers
- Ability to use own initiative and proactively contribute to the effective running of the centre
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of written and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Outlook/Excel)
- Sound knowledge of health and safety issues and safeguarding procedures to ensure a safe environment is provided for members, staff, volunteers, supports and visitors
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
· Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
· Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
· 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please visit our website to apply online. The job description is available on our website by clicking on the 'Vacancy Details' button.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team using the contact information on our website.
Closing date: 1st December 2019 (11.59pm)
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage and applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.