Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We help people directly out of homelessness, and campaign for the changes needed to solve it altogether. We know that together we can end homelessness.
About the role
This is a crucial new role in Crisis’ growing Marketing and Communications team, leading a new, integrated approach to communications planning across the organisation that puts audiences at its heart. In order to build large-scale public support for ending homelessness, we need our communications to have the biggest possible impact, and it’ll be your job to make that happen.
You’ll have extensive experience of strategic planning within a marketing or communications role, and of leading large-scale integrated campaigns. A strategic thinker who is always guided by audience insight, you’ll have the ability to develop and lead a cross-organisational communications planning and evaluation process. You’ll be a natural relationship-builder as well as a credible communications expert, able to bring colleagues with you and provide strategic advice to all parts and levels of the organisation.
As a member of the team you will have access to wide range of employee schemes and benefits including:
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Interest free bicycle loan
- Rent deposit loan scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 8% employer contribution pension
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we are committed to your ongoing training and development to build your skills, experience, and career.
How to apply
To apply, please click 'Apply Now' to be directed to our online jobs portal. The job description can be downloaded by clicking the 'Additional Details' button to the upper right hand side of our online advert.
Closing date: Sunday 3 November
Interview dates: Monday 18 or Tuesday 19 November
At Crisis we value diversity, promote equality, and challenge discrimination, and we encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team using the contact information on the Crisis Jobs site.
- Substantial experience of strategic planning within a marketing or communications role
- An audience-centric approach with substantial experience of commissioning, interpreting and applying market research and audience insight
- Solid understanding of marketing and communications evaluation techniques and experience of setting KPIs and reporting on impact
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high profile, integrated, impactful marketing and communications campaigns
- Experience and understanding of disciplines across the communications mix including marketing, media/PR, digital and social media
- Very strong relationship building skills at all levels and across a complex organisation, approachable and confident with the ability to bring people together and inspire effective joint working
- Excellent strategic thinking, with the ability to evaluate proposals based on strategic fit and identify opportunities for improving impact
- Experience of providing strategic communications advice, negotiating and influencing
- Experience of developing and managing robust processes for planning and prioritising communications activity
- Strong project management skills with demonstrable experience of leading cross-organisational project teams to deliver excellent results
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to Crisis’ purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.