Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Since the coronavirus outbreak began, our society has pulled together to achieve extraordinary things. Thousands of people sleeping rough have been temporarily housed in a matter of weeks, and many more were prevented from becoming homeless due to emergency changes to legislation.
As we begin to emerge from lockdown, we now stand at a crossroads: we can build on the incredible progress that has been made by helping everyone move into a secure and permanent home; or we risk seeing thousands of people being forced into homelessness.
We are recruiting for a Corporate Account Manager to join our expanding Partnerships and Philanthropy team, to work alongside our passionate supporters and beneficiaries to bring an end to homelessness in Great Britain.
About the role
As a Corporate Account Manager, you will work across some newly won accounts and get stuck in to new business, as part of a Partnerships team of 7 to help drive our next few years of growth and innovation.
The Partnerships team merged with the Philanthropy team three years ago, to maximise the cross over potential in networks and relationships between the two audiences. This has led to a new strategy, some big wins and deeper, more strategic corporate partnerships. We’ve won partnerships with some household name brands and have huge ambitions to grow this body of work not just to raise money but, crucially, to reach the public with the message that ending homelessness is now within our grasp.
We also have the support of a the newly formed Fundraising Development Team, supporting the Partnerships team. This team ensure we have incredible 6 and 7 figure cases for support, a range of volunteering experiences and the meaningful engagement opportunities we need which means you can focus on what you do best; creating exceptional relationships and impactful partnerships to end homelessness.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A track record of developing a new business pipeline, and winning partnerships at the 5 and 6 figure level
- Experience of providing excellent account management
- Experience of engaging and influencing c-suite individuals, understanding their motivations and inspiring confidence.
- A comprehensive understanding of CSR and sustainability, with an understanding of future business and CSR trends that might impact corporate fundraising
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- An entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to learn quickly and work proactively.
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please visit our website to apply online. For the supporting statement section, please address how you meet points 1-5 of the person specification, which can be found on our website by clicking on the 'Vacancy Details' button.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team, contact details can be found on our website.
Closing date: Tuesday 14 July 2020 (23:59)
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
For more information about our work and to see our work in action, please visit our website.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.