Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Crisis is looking for a Data Analyst to join the Research and Evaluation team and contribute to Crisis’ aim of ending homelessness.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in supporting the Modern Day Slavery project to develop UK-wide data evidence and understanding of the links between female homelessness and modern slavery. The findings will be used to inform a model for the identification, support, recovery, accommodation and integration of women who have escaped modern slavery and who are homeless or precariously housed.
As a Data Analyst, you will work with project partners to identify and define metrics to improve understanding of the population of women with experience of homelessness and modern slavery in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. You will build and develop a database to capture these metrics, develop and deliver training to partner organisations, and conduct high quality, accurate and timely analysis of the data collected to provide insights on the effectiveness of the project and to support its development and improvement.
To be successful in this role you will be a skilled data analyst with experience of database development, management and support. You will be enthusiastic about bringing a data-driven approach to decision making, and effectively communicating your work to colleagues at all levels of the organisation. You will enjoy working as part of a team but will also be capable of working independently.
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
-Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
-Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
-25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click apply now to be taken to our recruitment portal. The job description is available by clicking on the 'Additional Details' button.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team using the contact information on the Crisis Jobs site.
Closing date: Monday 2 December 2019 (11.59pm)
Interview date: Week commencing 16 December 2019
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage and applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
- Demonstrable experience of database development, management and support
- Ability to create queries (within SQL) to extract, interrogate or aggregate information from relational databases
- Data analysis skills, with an understanding of a range of techniques
- Experience of undertaking relevant, accurate and timely analysis
- Skills in the use of analytical or statistical software such as Excel, R or SPSS
- Ability to plan and prioritise work and to work on own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of audiences and to present complex information in a user-friendly way
- Ability to build strong working relationships across an organisation and with external stakeholders
- Commitment to Crisis’s purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
- Experience of using SharePoint
- Experience of using interactive data visualisation tools such as Power BI
- Experience of evaluating service interventions or projects
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.