Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Since the coronavirus outbreak began, our society has pulled together to achieve extraordinary things. Thousands of people sleeping rough have been temporarily housed in a matter of weeks, and many more were prevented from becoming homeless due to emergency changes to legislation.
As we begin to emerge from lockdown, we now stand at a crossroads: we can build on the incredible progress that has been made by helping everyone move into a secure and permanent home; or we risk seeing thousands of people being forced into homelessness.
We are recruiting for a Fundraising Development Officer to join our expanding Partnerships and Philanthropy team, to work alongside our inspirational supporters and beneficiaries to bring an end to homelessness in Great Britain.
About the role
As a Fundraising Development Officer you will join our innovative, dynamic and creative Fundraising Development Team (FDT). The FDT was established a year ago to create a team of talented people who lead on all the internally focussed work required to create the supporter experiences we need to end homelessness.
The team lead on all of the following for the Partnerships and Philanthropy team; working across a range of internal teams to produce all 6 and 7 figure cases for support, creating engagement opportunities (whether in-person events, communications, webinars, virtual reality experiences, etc.), ensuring seamless and rewarding volunteer experiences, digital marketing, cross team funder reporting, supporting on new business, and more – the remit is broad, the space for creativity and risk taking is generous and in their first year this new team have smashed it and are ready to grow.
Whilst you won’t be primarily supporter facing you will be absolutely central to fundraising success, using and growing your in-depth knowledge of corporate partner and philanthropy audiences, putting you in a brilliant position to later move into either a frontline fundraising role or a range of other internal teams. But we hope you won’t want to leave!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience writing for high net worth and/or business audiences.
- Confidence in using digital channels to communicate and meet objectives
- Experience of working on events for high value audiences, in both a lead and support role.
- Experience of building productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders in a medium to large scale organisation
- Good numeracy skills and an understanding of finance processes.
- Experience supporting a busy team on multiple projects and managing competing deadlines.
- Strong organisation skills, attention to detail and a methodical approach to tasks.
- Able to work on own initiative, but also as part of a closely coordinated team.
- Share Crisis’s values and be passionate about ending homelessness
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your on-going development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please visit our website to apply online. The job description is available on our website by clicking on the red 'Vacancy Details' button.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team, contact details can be found on our website.
Closing date: Tuesday 14th July (23:59)
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
For more information about our work and to see our work in action, please visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.