Head of Individual Giving
Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Our Individual Giving Team is responsible for £37.5 million income from individual donors through a range of programmes, including the iconic Crisis at Christmas campaign.
Title: Head of Individual Giving
Salary: £72,989 per annum
Hours:35 hours per week
Location: Based in our London office (we are open to a range of flexible working options, in line with Crisis’ Hybrid-Working Policy)
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director of Brand, Marketing and Fundraising, you will lead the development and delivery of Crisis' Individual Giving strategy, including regular giving, legacies and cash giving. You would lead on our iconic Crisis at Christmas campaign which raises £25 million each year. You will be a key member of the newly established Brand, Marketing and Fundraising Leadership Team developing a new way for audiences to engage and support our mission to end homelessness.
We're seeking an inspirational leader with experience developing and leading individual giving, direct marketing, or membership programmes. You will be ambitious, with a strong understanding of what challenges face us and how to make the most of opportunities so we can hit our income target of £37.5 million each year. You will have experience of developing innovative propositions increasing income from individuals and retaining their support for causes.
We're looking for someone who....
- Has substantial experience in leading direct marketing and income generation across a range of media
- Is an effective leader of both their team and within the broader organisation
- Is excellent at supporting internal teams and managing third-party agencies
- Has excellent communication skills, particularly in presenting and delivering complex information
- Is ambitious for innovation and new ways of working and supporting the organisation to deliver its strategic ambition
We believe diversity is a strength, and our aim is to make sure that Crisis truly reflects the communities we serve. We are actively working towards our organisation being a place where everyone can thrive and make their best contribution to our mission of ending homelessness for good. We know that the more perspectives, voices, and experiences we can bring to this work, the better. We particularly welcome applications from people who have lived experience of homelessness, and people from all marginalised groups, communities, and backgrounds.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans for travel season ticket, cycle to work, and deposit to secure a tenancy
- Pension scheme with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental, and adoption pay
- Flexible working around the core hours 10am-4pm
- And more! (Full list of benefits available on website)
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us, you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Sunday 3 December 2023 23:59
Interviews will be held on Friday 15 December 2023