Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
This is an exciting time join the Policy and Campaigns team at Crisis and play an important role to help us advance our goal to end homelessness in Great Britain. As Policy and Public Affairs Officer, you will work across a range of areas that are integral to ending homelessness and support the development of our policy work and influencing to help people out of homelessness and campaign for the changes needed to solve it altogether.
To be successful in this role you will have solid experience of developing practical policy solutions to complex problems and strong knowledge of parliamentary and political procedures. You will also be enthusiastic about working cross-organisationally with frontline services and people with lived experience to develop policy from practice.
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
· Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
· Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
· 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please submit a CV and a covering letter stating how you meet the first 5 points of the person specification using the link provided by Charity Jobs.
Closing date: 2 December(11.59pm)
- Experience of working in a high-pressured policy environment to develop evidence based, solutions focused policy recommendations
- Strong knowledge of parliamentary and political processes
- Experience of working on and leading successful public affairs influencing strategies
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write influencing materials clearly (e.g. briefs, blogs, consultation responses) and the ability to present material to diverse audiences
- Ability to work cross-organisationally and bring together people from different teams to achieve objectives
- Ability to represent Crisis in meetings and on public platforms
- Knowledge and experience of social policy and working on the issue of housing, homelessness or a related social policy area
- Strong team player with track-record of working cross-organisationally, including with frontline services and communications teams
- Willingness to work outside office hours, including over the Christmas holiday period and have occasional overnight stays
- Commitment to Crisis’s purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage and applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.