Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
This new role will provide support at the point of, and for time-limited period after, moving from hotels and emergency temporary accommodation provided for former rough sleepers during the recent Covid-19 crisis. The support offered will include practical tasks associated with setting up accommodation, information, advice and guidance, referrals to sources of specialist longer term support, and psychologically informed support to build motivation and confidence that will enhance the likelihood of a successful transition and sustainment of tenancy.
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Demonstrable track record of successfully using coaching, IAG or psychologically informed approaches with people who have experienced homelessness, social exclusion or similar disadvantage.
- Knowledge of the issues affecting homeless people and knowledge of the relevant housing and homelessness legislation that influence prevention and ending homelessness, welfare benefits, and access and entitlements to specialist support services, health and social careAbility to develop person centred housing plans based on a thorough assessment of individual needs and strengths.
- Ability to review and appraise the ongoing development of members and use this information to develop learning/ progression plans.
- Excellent at networking and securing access to appropriate specialist support services for members, with the ability to advocate for our members wherever necessary
We are looking for this post to start as soon as possible.
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
· Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
· Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
· 25 days' annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please visit our website to apply online. Please address points 1-4 only from the Person Specification in your supporting statement. The job description is available on our website by clicking on the 'Vacancy Details' button.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team, contact details can be found on our website.
Closing date: Sunday 16th August 2020 (23:59)
Interviews will take place on Friday 21st August 2020
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
For more information about our work and to see our work in action, please visit our website.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.