Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Our shops generate valuable income to support our services, create opportunities for homeless people to learn new skills and contribute to Crisis’ work in the community. They have a unique contemporary visual identity and are dynamic and creative places to work.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Shop Supervisor to join our diverse and engaged team in our Elephant & Castle shop. It’s a great opportunity to deliver positive social impact in the local community and contribute to funding ‘Crisis' wider aims nationally.
As Shop Supervisor, you will be responsible for maintaining high standards on our shop floor, supporting volunteers to provide excellent customer service. As well as involvement in stock selection, pricing and merchandising.
To be successful in this role you will have retail experience or experience of working within a busy environment. Experience of providing a high standard of customer service and will have the ability to deal effectively with conflicting priorities.
You will have strong administrative skills including using all Microsoft packages, be solution focused, resilient, have a high level of attention to detail and excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to successfully manage a busy and diverse workload.
The post holder will have excellent interpersonal skills, an understanding of the issues faced by homeless people and socially excluded groups, as well as the ability to deal with challenging situations and individuals with a range of needs.
You will have knowledge of social media planforms such as Instagram and have a keen eye for fashion trends. The Peckham shop will have an Instagram account and the Shop Supervisor will be encouraged to take the lead on growing the shop’s social media reach and curating online.
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
-Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
-Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
-25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days (Pro rata)
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing how you meet each indivdual point of the person specification.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the HR Team using the contact information on our Jobs site.
- Experience of charity retail - including stock evaluation, stock rotation and volunteer supervision. Where this is not present, candidates should show a willingness to develop in this area
- Ability to meet customer needs and be able to continually improve services to make sure customers receive an excellent service
- Ability to work under own initiative, collaboratively with others and as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Good verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people including customers, suppliers, colleagues, volunteers, members and the local community
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with safeguarding procedures
- Commitment to Crisis’ purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
- Experience of supervising volunteers
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Knowledge of how to engage audiences using social media
Closing date: 4 October 2019 (11.59pm)
Interview date: 16 October
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage and applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.