Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Crisis works throughout Edinburgh, offering advice, support and access to training and employment opportunities for people experiencing homelessness.
About the role
This is a 12 months temporary role to cover the secondment of the current Administration Manager to another role within Crisis.
You will play a crucial role in the Skylights Management Team, overseeing the core administration functions across the service, including education, progression and reception, Events and Christmas and provide effective and efficient customer service function for Crisis Skylight Edinburgh services and members. In addition, in a varied and challenging role you will have delegated responsibility of appropriate budgets and overseeing financial processes such as petty cash and processing of invoices in addition to partnership working with the other organisations and supporting activities running within Edinburgh Skylight and outreach services
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring office administration procedures to support a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of managing a reception where, at times, people may present with challenging demands
- Ability to manage a busy and diverse workload whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of managing a budget and managing financial procedures
- Experience of managing, developing and supporting staff or volunteers
- Ability to use own initiative and proactively contribute to the effective running of the centre
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of written and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Outlook/Excel)Sound knowledge of health and safety issues and safeguarding procedures to ensure a safe environment is provided for members, staff, volunteers, supports and visitors
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your on-going development to build your skills, experience and career.
How To Apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply For Job' button below.
Closing date: Sunday 15th November 2020 (at 23:59)
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team, contact details can be found on our website.
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.