Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Shop from Crisis exists to deliver sustainable revenue streams to the organisation, raise Crisis’ profile with new audiences and provide opportunities for members. This role sits in a newly formed E-commerce team within the Shops from Crisis retail team. With 9 shops across London and an ambitious growth strategy, we have exciting plans to expand our e-commerce activity and need experienced team members to help us deliver this.
About the role
As an E-Commerce Operations Manager, you will lead a small team in our London warehouse to deliver a high-quality customer experience for online donated goods sales across various e-commerce marketplaces. You’ll develop efficient and productive operational processes to list and fulfil a high volume of goods for sale online and achieve sales and profit targets. You will also recruit, train and inspire volunteers in a variety of digital and e-commerce roles.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of the following:
• Working in retail management and managing operational aspects of online sales to high levels of customer service, ideally in a warehouse environment.
• Using online sales marketplaces and an understanding of high-volume stock processing for sale online.
• A track record of managing and achieving targets with a strong commercial focus.
• Recruiting, managing, and developing a wide range of people – ideally with experience of working with volunteers and your local community.
• Communicating with and presenting ideas and training to a range of audiences.
• Engaging audiences via e-commerce and/or social media communications.
We want Crisis to be an inclusive employer which then reflects our members and the communities we work in. We want to offer opportunities to everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
• Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
• Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
• 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
We have 5 staff diversity networks which include Black, Asian and Ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people, those with Lived Experience of Homelessness, Women at Crisis and Disability Awareness.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th May 2021 (at 23:59)
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please contact the Recruitment team, contact details can be found on our website.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094