Crisis works throughout Birmingham, offering advice, support and access to training and employment opportunities for people experiencing homelessness.
About the role
The role of the Housing Coach is a full time, permanent contract located within the Crisis Birmingham Skylight. You will be required to provide high quality information, advice and guidance, as well as coaching and support, to people who are currently homeless or at immediate risk of homelessness. The role will require a high level of knowledge on housing and homelessness legislation and welfare legislation which you will use to provide direct support to members, as well as support to the rest of the skylight staff on more complex and protracted housing enquiries.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Experience of providing direct support to people experiencing homelessness.
• Extensive knowledge of housing and homelessness legislation, as well as knowledge of how to access private rented sector accommodation and the necessary requirements to secure a tenancy
• Extensive knowledge of welfare legislation, legacy benefits and Universal Credit.
• Ability to use own initiative and proactively contribute to the effective provision of a homelessness service
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of written and communication skills, and the ability to break down and deliver complex information
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
• Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
• Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
• 25 days annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How To Apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Monday 26th April 2021
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team, contact details can be found on our website.
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.