Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
This is an exciting time to be joining Crisis Client Services as we work towards our Vision to 'End Homelessness' for more of the members we work with. We are a values driven organisation with members at the heart of what we do.
About the role
Do you want to contribute to making a difference to the lives of those affected by homelessness? We are looking for an experienced, skilled and highly motivated person to join the team as a Learning Manger.
The Learning Manager will focus on developing and delivering a high-quality blended learning programme whilst working closely with the tutor team and the Head of Learning. Provide line management and support for the tutor team, liaise with external partners and awarding bodies where necessary. You will manage a flexible, person-centred learning programme for members who are experiencing homelessness. Manage the development of online training materials and workshops, supporting your team to deliver quality solutions using learning technologies.
We are looking for someone with experience of managing and delivering a high-quality education offer, can ensure continuous quality improvement in the learning provision, in line with external awarding bodies. Someone who can demonstrate their ability to lead and manage a team to deliver an innovative and accessible learning programme while meeting the needs of our members. Ability to liaise with external education partners to seek further learning opportunities for our members. You will have in-depth knowledge of learning practices and an understanding of homelessness and the barriers that someone experiencing might face.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Be a qualified and experienced teacher in the FE/ACl environment, who has managed the delivery of high quality successful adult learning programmes.
• Have experience of working within a relevant sector e.g. homelessness, mental health, drug and alcohol treatment is desirable.
• Demonstrate proven experience of people management supporting and developing individuals and teams including performance management.
• Hold considerable experience of designing and facilitating workshops and developing bespoke solutions
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
• Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
• Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
• 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team, contact details can be found on our website.
Closing date: Thursday 28th January 2021 (at 23:59)
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.