Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Crisis Skylight Croydon engages individuals at every stage of their recovery from homelessness, from early engagement on the street, stabilisation and progression into independent living, to ongoing support to ensure members are not subjected to the 'revolving door' of homelessness. We also work closely with a range of partners, referral agencies and the Local Authorities to support single homeless people who are insecurely or temporarily housed and others who are unlikely to receive a service elsewhere. We deliver structured Learning and Skills classes in our Skylight centre alongside housing, progression, smart-skills advice, volunteering opportunities and coaching.
About the role
As a Learning Manager, you will be someone who is passionate and understand your role in ending and preventing homelessness. We are looking for somebody who can demonstrate their ability to lead and manage teams to deliver a high-quality service while meeting the individual needs of our members. As part of the management team at Crisis Skylight Croydon, you will have the commitment and drive to support the implementation of a vision whose end goal is to see as many people have their homelessness end as possible through an excellent Skylight offer.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have experience of delivering or managing high quality information, advice and guidance services
• Understanding of the barriers faced by homeless people and using effective case management, solution-focused approaches to ensure the optimum outcomes for homeless people
• An understanding of coaching approaches and the ability to ensure coaching interventions are being delivered to a high standard
• Demonstrable experience of managing and developing staff in effective case management, including driving targets and allocating staff resources effectively
• Experience of supporting and embedding change in service delivery
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your on-going development to build your skills, experience and career.
How to Apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
If you need to request an application in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment Team, contact details can be found on our website.
Closing date: Wednesday 10th February 2021 (at 23:59)
We value diversity, promote equality and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.